Saturday, May 7, 2016

I Want Egy Száraz Vörös Hosszúlépés

I Want Egy Száraz Vörös Hosszúlépés
Bob Komives

Balázs told me
Hungarians almost always drink soda with wine. 
I now know how to order it.
The drink is such common knowledge 
it does not appear on a menu:

Egy nagy fehér (or vörös) fröccs 
2 portions of white (or red) wine with one of soda in a large glass

Egy kis (vörös) fröccs 
1 portion of (red) wine & one of soda 
in a small glass

Egy (fehér) hosszúlépés (a long step)
1 portion of (white) wine with two of soda 
in a large glass

Later I discovered
I need to specify
whether the wine is to be 
dry (száraz) or sweet (édes). 

Egy Száraz Vörös Hosszúlépést Kérek.
poem by Bob Komives :: Fort Collins © 1993 :: I Want Egy Száraz Vörös Hosszúlépés :: ,0x30


No comments:

Post a Comment

your thoughts?