Monday, September 19, 2016

Damp, Morning Walk




On this damp morning's walk,
as storefronts open beside me,
sudden sunbeams confront me
to illuminate a path before me,
and my day approaches nine o'clock.


Upward

from rain-drenched, puddled pavement,
glimmer and sparkle welcome me
while at play with new-made shadow.


Damp, Morning Walk
Bob Komives

To my deaf ears
dumb sidewalk whispers loudly
in colorful language
of tiny, wondrous rainbows
broadcast by spreading ripples
in concert 

with the drum-hiss-drum
(moistened step)
of morning walk.

Drum-hiss-drum.
Drum-hiss-drum.
Storefronts open beside me.
Warming sun is upon me.
A path reflects before me.
My day passes nine o'clock.



Bob Komives :: Fort Collins © 2016 :: Damp, Morning Walk :: 1611                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

your thoughts?